Thursday, August 1, 2013

My Quilt at Taupo Symposium

I may have mentioned in an earlier post that I got a quilt accepted to the exhibition at Taupo Symposium but couldn't show you until after the event. Well it finished last weekend so here is photo of my quilt.
I am really pleased with the way this quilt turned out. I think he looks lovely. Unfortunately he did not win any prizes but I did get some lovely comments from people attending the exhibition, thank you.
He is made using scraps of fabrics for the body, glue basted onto a calico base. The background is my own hand dyed fabrics which really came to life when I quilted the stone design. The fabric then looked so much like stone I couldn't believe it. Worked very well, I think. Black tulle was placed over the bird area and quilted to hold it all in place as it is all raw edge. I did not extend the tulle over the background as I didn't like the look of it. Once the piece was all quilted I felt it needed a little something else and added the fine green strips as an inner border, it did seem to lift the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment