Sunday, December 9, 2012

7 Deadly Sins Quilts

I have made 2 entries for the Bernina 7 Deadly Sins Challenge and both are on Facebook for you to vote on.
I had fun creating these 2 quilts -
The first one I made was about shoes -after all we women love shoes and I could incorporate all 7 sins in this. It took me a while to come up with an idea for this challenge, but one night in bed (where my best ideas occur) I suddenly thought of shoes, as we women lust after them, envy them, are greedy for them, are gluttons in how many we have, wrathful if any get marked, have a lot of pride in how our shoes look and as for sloth - well we aren't into slothful ways when it comes to our shoes, are we? etc etc. Here is a photo -
Can you identify with some of those feelings? I certainly can. Shoes are lovely and so much fun these days. What choices we have. I drew a lot of designs of shoes I would love to have in my wardrobe and then decided on fabrics and appliqued them to a shiny fabric background. I added a few Swarovski crystals as well for bling.
And my other entry was of Marilyn Monroe. She was a woman men lusted after and women envied her and I am sure another couple of the sins could apply as well.
Here it is -

I 'drew' this picture with needle and thread based on her famous (or is it infamous) shot over the subway vent, so all free motion stitching. I added some more of the Swarovski crystals for bling around her name. I didn't want any binding to distract the eye so I made a faced binding and then stitched a lovely knitting yarn I had found a while ago along the edge. This yarn had little black sequins every so often which I though gave it a little bit of a different edge.
I hope you like my ideas and would like it if you could go to the website and vote on the one you like best www.facebook.com/welovetosew
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment