Sunday, November 14, 2010

Quilt Show & New Magazines In

The last weekend in October I travelled up to New Plymouth to be a merchant at the quilt show and I had a lovely weekend. The last 2 times I had visited New Plymouth I didn't see the mountain at all but this time the weather was beautiful and sunny and I saw the mountain each day, in all its glory, still a little snow on top and one day was very chilly despite the sunshine.Here's a photo of the mountain from the terrace at Erin's place, where I stayed. Thanks for looking after me so well Erin, it was a great weekend to catch up with you.
Above is also a shot of my stand at the quilt show. Thanks to all who visited the show and my stand. Some lovely quilts on display and one landscape from a class I taught there. Ursula, you did a lovely job on that quilt.
Some NEW MAGAZINES in store this week are :
Quilt Life October '10 issue NZ$15                         
















And Quilters Home Oct/Nov 10 NZ$17

I have 2 books in at a SPECIAL price (1 only of each)
Stash Busters by Lynne Edwards only $32       A great way to use up scraps and fabrics in your                 stash              
Art Deco Dolls only $28, great collection of dolls from the Art Deco era, very inspiring.
I love these 2 new fabrics - the chocloate brown with a cream swirl and then the teal colour with the chocolate swirl go so well together and are very in colours. Think of the quilts you could make using these. NZ$26 per metre.
The 2 fabrics below are bright lime green and a red. They are on special at only NZ$18 per metre. Be in quick they won't last long at this price.
That's all for now, it has taken me a week to get this far. Check out the next post, I am writing it as soon as I post this one. I have designed a couple of new quilts, one featuring NZ fabrics. Thanks for checking in.
Dianne













No comments:

Post a Comment