Sunday, March 13, 2011

More New Fabrics and Magazines

I have just seen that it was a month since I last blogged. I am so sorry for the delay but lots of things have happened, in particular the earthquake in Christchurch. As secretary for Rose City Quilters I, and the committee, have been preparing kits and quilts to make and send down for distribution. Members are so generous, with both their time and supplies so we will have lots of quilts going down.
I have finished my entries for Remarkable Symposium and both were accepted (yay) but cannot show you until after Symposium. I will post pictures of both straight after, end of April.
On the "What's New" front - well we have had some lovely fabrics and some more magazines in - check out below -
These first 2 fabrics are a new range for me and they are a fantastic price - only NZ$15 per metre. The fabric has a lovely soft feel to it as well. Great marble/tonal shading in these. More colours to arrive.









Then there are the following , these black and cream geometric designs are very interesting. NZ$22 per metre. Slightly different from black and whites, a little more toned down with the cream in them.

Do you know that I carry some extra wide backing fabrics and very reasonable prices. The following are all 2.4m - 2.5m wide and are only NZ$20.80 per metre. Means you don't have to join your backing and they look great on the back. The print designs means it can hide your quilting, if you are not happy with it.
Here are some of the colours - a pinky beige, a brown, a blue, a green and a cream on cream for those lighter coloured quilts


I have been waiting for this lovely book - Cloth Doll Workshop

The new issues of Yarn and Embellish have arrived in from Australia. My favourite is the Embellish magazine as it has so many different and interesting articles covering lots of subjects - felting, embellishing, dyeing, stamping on fabric etc. At only NZ$15 this is a good read.


















We'd love to hear from you or see you at the shop. I am at the Wanganui Cotton On Quilters exhibition this weekend 19/20 March at the Racecourse in Wanganui in the merchant Mall but the shop will still be open on Saturday morning. If you are coming to Wanganui an added attraction is the Wanganui Artists are having an Open Studio weekend, check it out as well.
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment